The Wisconsin Idea Seminar team is seeking a communications intern!
Our communications intern will hone their writing and image-making skills and meet folks across the state who are making a difference in their communities.
The Wisconsin Idea Seminar Communications Internship offers the opportunity to:
- interact and collaborate with UW-Madison faculty, staff, and students, and state-wide community members
- take initiative on content creation in consultation with Seminar director and others
- hone communication skills for a variety of audiences
- get experience planning and developing complex events and programs
- write content, profiles, and feature stories for Wisconsin Idea Seminar website, newsletter, and other media outlets
- create content for Instagram
- learn about Wisconsin and its history, people, languages, cultures, and economies
Dates of Internship
Beginning in January, 2024. Hours offered during academic breaks (winter, spring, summer), negotiable based on availability and intern’s interest.
The successful candidate must commit to being available to accompany and support the administrative team during the Wisconsin Idea Seminar (May 13-May 17, 2024). Four overnight stays required.
Preference given to students who can continue the internship through Spring, 2024 and into Summer, 2024.
How to Apply
Visit the UW Jobs posting for full details.
All applications are due Wednesday, November 1, 2023.