Each year the cohort of Wisconsin Idea Seminar participants is selected through a nomination process.
We welcome UW-Madison faculty and academic staff to nominate themselves in consultation with their departmental chairs or divisional directors.
- Nominee completes and submits online Pre-Nomination form.
- Nominee will receive a pdf of the nomination for this via email after they submit the online Pre-Nomination form.
- Nominee sends the pdf nomination to their department chair or unit director for signature.
- Route the form to the office of the dean of your Division, School, or College.
- Send completed forms (with signatures) as a pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed nomination forms must be received by the Provost’s Office by February 15, 2023.
Some schools and colleges have internal deadlines that precede February 15. Check with your dean’s office for details.
Remember: Completed forms include signatures of nominee’s department/division chair and dean.
Who May Apply
- New faculty members
- Recently tenured faculty members
- New deans and department chairs
- Lead academic staff with statewide responsibilities
Questions about eligibility and other details? Check out our FAQ page.
Deans of schools and colleges recommend candidates for selection to the Provost’s Office. By mid-April, approximately 40 people from a cross-section of schools and colleges and disciplines will be selected to participate.