At this time we are expediting the nomination process for Seminar participants who were selected to go in 2020. Members of the 2020 cohort have already been contacted.
We encourage eligible members of the UW-Madison community to nominate themselves for 2022. As spots become available for the 2022 Wisconsin Idea Seminar, our team will reach out to recent nominees and their Dean’s Office to complete the nomination process.
Each year the cohort of Wisconsin Idea Seminar participants is assembled through a nomination process.
We welcome UW-Madison faculty and academic staff to nominate themselves in consultation with their departmental chairs or divisional directors.
- Nominee completes and submits online Pre-Nomination form.
- Nominee will receive a pdf of the nomination for this via email after they submit the online Pre-Nomination form.
- Nominee sends the pdf nomination to their department chair or unit director for signature.
- Route the form to the office of the dean of your Division, School, or College.
- Send completed forms (with signatures) as a pdf to email@example.com
To ensure consideration, completed nomination forms must be received by the Provost’s Office by March 11, 2022.
Some schools and colleges have internal deadlines that precede February 15. Check with your dean’s office for details.
Remember: Completed forms include signatures of nominee’s department/division chair and dean.
Who May Apply
- New faculty members
- Recently tenured faculty members
- New deans and department chairs
- Lead academic staff with statewide responsibilities
Questions about eligibility and other details? Check out our FAQ page.
Deans of schools and colleges recommend candidates for selection to the Provost’s Office. By mid-April, approximately 40 people from a cross-section of schools and colleges and disciplines will be selected to participate.