Each year the cohort of Wisconsin Idea Seminar participants is assembled through a nomination process.
We welcome UW-Madison faculty and academic staff to nominate themselves in consultation with their departmental chairs or divisional directors.
- Nominee completes and submits online Pre-Nomination form.
- Print out the pdf of the full nomination form. Nominees will receive this via email after they submit the online Pre-Nomination form.
- Get the signature of the nominee’s department chair or unit director.
- Route the form to the office of the dean of your Division, School, or College.
- Send completed forms (with signatures) as a pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org or via campus mail to 150 Bascom Hall.
To ensure consideration, completed nomination forms must be received by the Provost’s Office by February 15, 2018.
Remember: Completed forms include signatures of nominee’s department/division chair and dean.
Who May Apply
- New faculty members
- Recently tenured faculty members
- New deans and department chairs
- Lead academic staff with statewide responsibilities
Deans of schools and colleges recommend candidates for selection to the Provost’s Office. By mid-April, approximately 40 people from a cross-section of schools and colleges and disciplines will be selected to participate.