Each year the cohort of Wisconsin Idea Seminar participants is assembled through a nomination process.
We welcome UW-Madison faculty and academic staff to nominate themselves in consultation with their departmental chairs or divisional directors.
- Nominee completes and submits online Pre-Nomination form.
- Print out the pdf of the full nomination form. Nominees will receive this via email after they submit the online Pre-Nomination form.
- Get the signature of the nominee’s department chair or unit director.
- Route the form to the office of the dean of your Division, School, or College.
- Send completed forms (with signatures) as a pdf to email@example.com or via campus mail to 150 Bascom Hall.
To ensure consideration, completed nomination forms must be received by the Provost’s Office by February 15, 2019.
Remember: Completed forms include signatures of nominee’s department/division chair and dean.
Who May Apply
- New faculty members
- Recently tenured faculty members
- New deans and department chairs
- Lead academic staff with statewide responsibilities
Questions about eligibility and other details? Check out our FAQ page.
Deans of schools and colleges recommend candidates for selection to the Provost’s Office. By mid-April, approximately 40 people from a cross-section of schools and colleges and disciplines will be selected to participate.